The adrenal glands produce hormones that support the biochemical and physiological mechanisms for dealing with mental and physical stress, and also secrete chemicals involved in nutrient metabolism and energy production. Chronic anxiety, nervous tension and other types of stress may lead to excess production of cortisol, a hormone involved in stress response. Excess intake of stimulants such as caffeine and sugar can exacerbate stress and lead to adrenal “fatigue”. The constant stimulation of the adrenal glands may eventually result in an abnormal stress response, low energy and poor immune function. Our Adrenal Support formula is a synergistic combination of nutraceuticals designed to support healthy adrenal function.†
- Ashwagandha root extract standardized to 1.5% withanolides, a botanical extract manufactured by Sabinsa, a recognized leader in the manufacturing of botanical extracts.
- Russian source of Rhodiola rosea. This source of Rhodiola is standardized to 3% rosavins (the most efficacious component) and 1.5% salidrosides.
- Water-soluble vitamins B6, pantothenic acid and vitamin C.
- Ginger, licorice, astragalus, gotu kola and schizandra all have documented adrenal
- The adrenal hormones epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline) are derived from the amino acid tyrosine and are required for energy production and stress response.†
- Eleuthero is known for its adaptogenic benefits, including managing fatigue and supporting healthy corticosteroid levels in response to mental and or physical stress.†
- Studies demonstrate the anti-stress, immune-supporting and rejuvenating benefits of ashwagandha.†
- Rhodiola rosea is a premier adaptogenic herb. Its effects include the support of healthy cortisol and energy levels, managing the negative effects of stress on the body and contributing to an overall feeling of well being.†
- Vitamin B6 helps to protect the body from the negative effects of glucocorticoid hormones such as cortisol, which is secreted during times of physical and mental stress.†
- Pantothenic acid and vitamin C have a supporting role in maintaining healthy adrenal gland function.†
- Licorice root, astragalus, gotu kola, and Schizandra all provide a synergistic effect by supporting normal, healthy adrenal function and help the body better deal with the effects of stress.†